Unclear speech in the workplace undermines work productivity often leading to misunderstanding and miscommunication: causing speakers to become self-conscious.
This practical stand-alone coaching course offers an effective toolkit of speech techniques designed to improve speech clarity, distinction, and impact in your spoken delivery in work, and in life.
Drawn from speech training practices used by actors, presenters, and politicians to increase their speech clarity and personal impact, the speech toolkit targets the most common speech deficiencies to improve all-round speech clarity.
This course is for you if you answer ‘Yes’ to one of the questions below:
- Do you receive feedback that your speech is unclear?
- Do you have problems pronouncing consonants TH, R or final L?
- Do you stumble over complex words such as PRONUNCIATION, PARTICULARLY, WORLD?
- Does concern about your lack of speech clarity mean you avoid developing your speech vocabulary?
- Does speaking too quickly negatively affect your speech distinction?
- Do nerves impact the accuracy of your speech when speaking in meetings, presentations, and interview?
- The parts of the mouth involved in speech (speech articulators)
- Conscious practice: using a mirror, hand support and intensity-frequency and duration.
- Drills for Improving the TH, R and L consonants.
- Drills for improving slushy /s/ and /sh/ consonants (fricative sibilance)
- Drills for improving lip muscularity on lip-consonants and lip-rounded vowels.
- Drills for reinforcing speech accuracy on consonant clusters
- Exercises for improving vowel precision across the English Phonetic Alphabet vowel groups.
- Breathing and alignment to support best speech practices and lower stress hormones.
- Applying what you have learned to your own Speech Elevator Pitch.
- Action Planning: Taking what has been learned and developing your practice programme.
2023 Dates 7- 9pm:
2024 Dates 7- 9pm:
Remote Platform: Zoom
Course materials: Will be sent out post enrolment and prior to the course.
£35.00 for each two-hour course
Paid prior by bank transfer or Paypal invoice.
To book on the course:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or ring or text Anne Walsh on 07932 440043